Friday 21 March 2008

Bit of Politics - Please don't Switch off!


On May 1st there will be local elections held throughout England and Wales
In Stoke-on-Trent we face the malevolent presence of the British National Party. I love my city, but the one aspect I am ashamed about is the fact we have a such a big presence from this racist, hateful and divisive "political" party. In our city council, the BNP has the second largest number of seats giving them a veil of respectability. I think this is unique throughout the country. Their bigotry is not just confined to those of different race or religion, they also espouse homophobic views and are certainly no friends of the Transgender Community. If want to know more about the anti BNP campaign click the banner below

HOPE not hate 2008
HOPE not hate 2008: Celebrating modern Britain

2 comments:

Lucie G said...

I agree, but sadly they look like making gains in London even gaining a seat on the GLA.

Jenny Harvey said...

Thats shocking news Lucy.
I actually have a BNP councellor. I wish hed try knocking on my door.
\we are hopefully doing a searchlight anti BNP leafleting campaign next sunday