Tuesday 8 April 2008

Went, Went, Went Joseph




Me and Vicky went to see "Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" tonight at The Regent Theatre in Hanley. It was Vic's present for my 40th. The Regent is situated in an area signposted as Stoke-on-Trent's "Cultural Quarter". Describing areas as Quarters, I guess is supposed to invoke the spirit of Paris although I doubt anyone could confuse the 2 cities. Unless Paris has a "Slightly depressed, once industrial midlands city" Quarter. Paris may have the greatest art museums in the world, the most exciting architecture in Europe and romance in bucketfuls (not sure a bucket can be romantic). But our Oatcakes are definitely superior to any French Crepe, and we did once manufacture most of Europe's Urinals and toilets. Lets face it if you are desperate enough for a wee, what use is art and romance!
We had a fab night, and the show was even better than I had expected. It featured 3 of the finalists from Any Dream Will Do off the telly. I managed to curb my every urge to sing out loud throughout. This was mainly for Vicky's benefit as she rates my singing as screechy as a tortured cat and as flat as a steamrollered Oatcake. Well, I managed to hold off until at least the encore. The night was a good excuse to get dolled up, although that didn't appear to apply to the rest of the audience, so not only was I the tallest woman there but the most overdressed, so I didn't stand out at all!
Afterwards over a Chicken Dupiaza and Garlic Nan bread (salad if Slimming World are listening) we got onto the subject of my proposed middle name. Vic seemed less than impressed with my proposal of Jennifer Louise Harvey. She seems to favour, with no obvious hint of irony, a middle name of Rapunzel. I think the only fair way is to have a poll. I now have 2 names on the shortlist. Louise and Rapunzel. When I have few more more options, the Poll will be open! Answers on a comment please!
Really Really Small Print : With the precedent as set by Blue Peter's naming of their cat. Jenny Harvey reserves the right to ignore any poll result that will leave her with a ridiculous middle name!

No comments: