Sunday 6 April 2008

Jennifer ? Harvey

I am so disorganised. Fact

Although I am now living full time as Jenny and everyone knows me as such, I am registered to vote as such, and have most of my bills addressed as such, I have still not officially changed my name by legally by deed poll. This is not for any reason other than my inability to deal with things in a timely manner. If the phrase "She who hesitates is lost" has any truth then I am more Lost than than Derby County FC's Premiership season! As usual I am rambling...Just thought of another adage "Brevity is the soul of wit". I am the soul of wit-tering!

Anyway I think that I need to sort my name change legally. Thing is I would like to include a middle name, but I didn't know what. I did toy with running a Name The Tranny competition in our Union's newsletter, but I guess on reflection this is an utterly stupid idea (not that, that would stop me). I was having this very conversation with my brother Bill. We were jokingly thinking about girls names that related to Stoke City FC. I suggested Denise, after Dennis Smith, our long serving defender of the 70's. Bill countered with Louise after Lou Macari, Stoke's much loved 2 time manager of the 90's. It suddenly struck a chord. From this random madness, Jennifer Louise Harvey emerged.
We both agreed it went together well. So that is it, I now have a middle name, as chosen by my brother.













Lou Macari considers his "Name The Tranny Competition" entry

1 comment:

Ian Manborde said...

Hi Jen,

Fine name, although are you sure that your middle name should be derived from Lou Macari.

When I was growing up in Manchester he was in Man U and the only thing he was famous for was running a fish and chip shop.

Ah well, the names do go well together.

Cheers

Ian