Wednesday 21 May 2008

Bemusing Jen


Twas a day of confusions


First thing this morning I visited my Doc for my monthly fix of hormones. She informed me that I am on their target list for a smear test. I guess that's one target that will have to be missed for the moment. Even a resurrected Indianna Jones couldn't discover my cervix! The only smear I could offer would be malign a neighbouring GP. Still its heartening to see that the NHS has so totally accepted me as a female, with a physiology to match, that I guess I don't need the op any more!

End of the day I went into Mattalan in order to buy a chopping board ( and No, I am not thinking of saving the NHS money with a bit of DIY). I just needed a good solid piece of wood. The very young male cashier referred to me as sir, despite my obvious appearance to the contrary. Its been a long time since I was called that in a shop. I corrected the poor boy's mistake, and he grunted an insencere apology. In an act of pointless silent protest I am now going to boycott buying any clothes from them. That is until they finally stock something in my size.
Its no wonder I'm permanently confused

No comments: