Sunday 4 May 2008

23 Years of Hurt


"We are Premier League. We are, we are Premier League."


Forgive my temporary blokeishness but the mighty Potters Stoke City have just won promotion after 23 years out of the top flight. We had to have a better result than Hull City. They lost and we drew
So in the spirit of that famous Norwegian Commentator rant

"John Prescott,
Fat B
oy Slim,
Maureen Lipman,
The Housemartins,
Amy Johnson,
.....err Rod Hull ?
Are you reading?

Your boys took a hell of a beating"

Another plus; my brother Bill has just informed me when the first Premier League is published at the start of next season, we will be out of relegation alphabetically thanks to Wigan, West Ham, West Brom, Tottenham and Sunderland

So it's a rendition of Delilah and Oatcakes & Cheese all round

2 comments:

Lucie G said...

Anything but the girl, I think got their name from a shop in Hull.

I respect the fact that as a Stoke fan, you resisted mentioning Port Vale's plight.

Jenny Harvey said...

I do have to be sensitive to the more unfortunate among us. Actually one of my closest colleagues at work is the chiropidist for Vale, but I dont think it was there feet that let them down
Good ABTG trivia by the way