Sunday 25 January 2009

Mr Smith goes to London

A bit of free time in London last week left me wandering aimlishly ( = not quite aimless, as I was going in the general direction of my hotel) north. Its quite liberating strolling though the city not intending to hit any tourist attractions. I started in Piccadilly Circus and as I passed through Leicester Square, with the appropriate goodbye and hello, I overheard someone saying Will Smith was coming to town. Can't think what gave them that idea. For you Hitchikers Guide geeks this must be the antidote to the Total Perspective Vortex

 will 3 will 2

6 comments:

alan said...

I can't imagine strolling through all these places I've read about or heard about on the radio or seen in the movies...it would be a bit like visiting Disneyland or something, I think!

alan

Calamity Jen said...

Loved your Hitchhikers comment. Did you see the 2005 film version?

ryssee said...

Funny Total Perspective Vortex comment! I'm feeling the urge to dig out the books again.
It is so fun to just walk around London without any specific place to go.

Jenny Harvey said...

Alan It must be like disneyland with a McDonalds and Starbucks on every corner. Oh and London does have a Mickey Mouse mayor.

Cheers girls, I'm glad Douglas's legacy lives on over the water.
Jen, I've got the film version on my ipod, along with all the radio series.

"In the beginning this blog was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Jenny Harvey said...

North American Commenters 3 - United Kingdom Commenters 0
Yay for the New World !!

Billy Whizz said...

Not fair, I made a H2G2 comment 2 threads ago.