Thursday 21 August 2008

Miss Gammo Speng & the Confused Home Worker

I've been working from home today, as I have a disciplinary case of 500 pages to work through.

Good things about working from home : Flexible hours, More comfortable chair, Phone not constantly ringing, Olympics on radio, Pizza delivery for lunch, Very relaxed dress code, Makeup free day, Petrol about £20/Gallon

Bad things about working from home : Distractions when Olympics get exciting, Cat want's to sit on my keyboard, Answering door to Pizza Boy without makeup (me not him). Absence of conversation (Cat very poor at this), I'm still in Stoke-on-Trent

 

Speaking of my cat Gammo Speng (see previous), It seems that in keeping with my own historical gender confusion, he is not actually a he, err I mean she is not a he. I had relied on Vicky's "expert" cat husbandry advice that Gammo was a male. I had never bothered to confirm this, but waking up with the Gammo's nether region 2 inches from my face has meant a degree of gender re-evaluation. I am currently deciding whether Gammo would benefit from a kitten companion. In fact it would be a younger sibling as her mother, Mildred is nursing a new brood of kitties. They are  officially so sweeeeet!!

<KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050> <KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>  <KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>

9 comments:

Helena Love said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH blue eyed tabby kittens so so cute

Anonymous said...

AWW!KITTEHS!!!!

Anonymous said...

All text above picture of Kittehs completely ignored. ;-)

Unknown said...

Cute kitties! :-)

Carolyn Ann

Jenny Harvey said...

So I have found the secret of getting comments.

Ditch the tortuous Transgendered struggle stuff.

From now on its cute kitties all the way

Billy Whizz said...

If that's the case I should show you a picture of my friend, Helen's cat, Millie. She never liked cats and used to have a stupid rabbit that ate everything (including electric cables that were live).

Anyway, she got a small black cat from the rescue centre that had been unfortunately run over and it's front right paw is pretty mangled so so has to walk on the back of the ankle and also she has a few teeth missing.

Anyway despite this she is soooo friendly and is a huge attention seeker and purrs like mad. She also enjoys a bit or rough and tumble despite her injuries and even managed to leave the sheath of a claw in my hand after a particularly vigourous play fight.

Anyway she's the best and cutest cat in the world coz she's had to fight against her injury and now doesn't seem to care about it

Jenny Harvey said...

Billy- I think the phrase ou are lookig for is
Awwwwwww cute kittens ;-)

Lucie G said...

Something about homeworking requires great self disipline to stop drifting off and looking at youtube for videos of cute kittens.

Talking of which...AWWWWWWWWWWWWH.

Billy Whizz said...

I've just compelted a 2 week stint forking from home. Kittens weren't the problem but having the incredible co-incidence that the olympics were was.

It seems odd now that I'm trying to work, oh I seem to have been sidetracked by Jen's blog.

Anyway what am I going to do now, suppose I'd best go and catch my flight to Norway