Thursday 14 August 2008

Back On The Blog

I haven't posted now for over a week. A record abstinence, mainly due to a crumbling state of mind. The last week or so has been one of the worst in my memory although my memory is not always to be relied upon. The problem is that there were no real specific events or issues that made this such a weekus horibillus. I just found that the creeping anxiety coupled with a sprinkling of depressive behaviour that had been building over the past couple of months, came to a head, that had to be lanced.

For someone who works for a Mental Health Trust I have always been hopeless with dealing with my own mental health choosing to bury my head under my duvet rather than taking some sensible steps. But no more. I am determined not to let myself get in such a state again and I am going to tackle some of the underlying problems, one of which is a crippling low self esteem. I must admit my friends have been fab and I have no idea why they have tolerated my my moods and regular tears. It has been suggested the hormone medication could be a cause but I think my mixed up hormones perhaps exacerbate my feelings rather than drive them although they are definitely behind my lachrymal tendencies.

Anyhow, I have definitely turned some sort of corner and vow to get back on the blogging horse. I will leave you with a pic of my favourite scary tree which I have christened Geoff !

<KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>

No comments: