Saturday 6 September 2008

The Silence Of The Kittens

A survey of the subject of my posts that have elicited the most comments on average, has produced the following.

SUBJECTAVERAGE No COMMENTS
My Transgender Struggle10 (sadly also my shoe size)
Cute Cats and Kittens92
Dating Disasters68
Trade Union Stuff1 (and that was me)
Fun With Physics6.626 x 10(-34) or h
Blogging on Blogging3
Moaning about Rail Travel20 (minutes late)
The Mighty Stoke City FC3-2 (vs The Villa)
vck43e6t2t26tttttttttttttttt3332www (kitten on laptop)

Photo-0015

On this basis I should now concentrate solely on dating and cats (please note the important and). However, since my dating and cat owning history still stand at 1 apiece this may amount to a very short and dull blog (obvious self joke to be inserted at readers discretion). Well today's post will be cat based anyway

Well this weekend I am menagerie sitting for Victoria, who has so wisely chosen to go camping in North Devon during the rainiest late August since records began (don't know if its true but you get the point).

Well I have just completed the morning roll call.

Duncan Rabbit & Dave Guinea pig, check; Spartacus the huge and stupid puppy, check; Mildred and indeterminate no of kittens (5 is best guess), check. As yet unnamed bathroom based spider, check.

So far so good. However there is one downside to sharing a house with such a menagerie and that is the incessant noise. I have just spent all night sleeping in the same room with the whole feline contingent of the household who have all insisted on mewing constantly or in the case of Mildred purring loudly. Some of the kittens are also getting more confident so when I awoke I had the 3 bravest perched on various parts of my body. They also seem to be multiplying. There are supposed to be 5 but I swear at one stage there were double that. I am begining to think that Mildred has actually mated with a Tribble. All said, the kittens are still annoyingly, achingly cute it's hard to stay mad at them for long. They are each developing different characteristics the 2 biggest and darkest are the leaders and will venture as far as the front door at the bottom of the stairs. The next 2 in size and courage generally take station half way up the stairs. I think these may be cleverest of the bunch and the smallest and timidest will usually stay at the top of the stairs with mother Mildred. My biggest fear this weekend is avoiding any squashage either underfoot or rolling in bed. So far I have thankfully avoided this....so far.

Photo-0006_e1IMG00008[1]

A failed attempt by the kitten clan to recreate the Bohemian Rhapsody video

Join My Campaign

Save The Mildred Five. Don't let the kittens be parted!

10 comments:

Pandora Caitiff said...

Those are just asking to become LOLcats :)

Lucie G said...

Oh my, cute overload!
They grow up though (but you still can't get mad at them).

Billy Whizz said...

I know that this is a cute cats post but since you and I are both of a scientific bent can I point out that if you don't have the facility for superscript you should have written

6.626 x 10(-34)
as
6.626E-34

I'm a little dissapointed about that but the Queen tribute by the kittens made up for it.

Time for the physics in joke. You made yourself look a bit of a Planck with that error

Becky T said...

I always thought physics was rather Bohring, myself.

But you can never go wrong with a post featuring fluffy bundles of squeaky cuteness!

Jenny Harvey said...

I think Becky and my Brother should clearly get married! Just think of spending the long nights swapping Physics puns in front of a roaring Bunsen Burner

M said...

Yup, kittens are definitely the way to go. :) Nice blog!

alan said...

It would take much more than a Bunsen to keep me warm if winter there is anything like it is here!

Here it's "grown up" critters, one of each, and they both seem to feel the need to lead me around the house, especially if I'm carrying something...knowing full well that I'll damage whatever I have to in avoiding falling on them! (Not to mention I'm a klutz of the highest order to begin with!)

I'm with Lucy, though; even when they grow up you can't be mad at them!

Thank you for the well wishes for my Chiefs as well; they've gone from the oldest to the youngest team in the league this year, so they're expected to be lucky if they go 4-12...we'll hope for better!

Thank you for the smile your post and your comments brought!

alan

Billy Whizz said...

I'm actually doing well to refrain from another physics joke involving Schrodinger, Heisenberg and (appropriate for this post) a cat. However the cat does have an accident so probably best that I don't tell it

alan said...

Having only "met" Schrodinger's cat a few months ago in a sitcom here, I'm not quite over that experience yet, thank you!

alan

alan said...

Thinking of you...hoping all is well!

alan