Thursday 20 November 2008

A phone call

AA009679

Bbbbbrrrring, BBbbbbrrrrring, click

Call Centre Lady : "Good afternoon, Portman Travel, can I help you? "

Me : "Could I book a train ticket"

Call Centre Lady : "Where to Sir"

Me: "err, It's madam, not Sir"

Call Centre Lady : "Sorry, Sir"

.... a few minutes later .....

CCL : "What, is the name of the person travelling?"

Me: "It's for me, my name's Jenny Harvey"

CCL: "Sorry, was that Jerry?"

Me : "No, my name is Jenny, J.E.N.N.Y"

CCL : "Jenny Harvey, Thank you Sir"

Sometimes,  you just have to bang your head on the desk and concede defeat.

4 comments:

Penny M said...

Hmm, did they book you a flight to Madrid? They certainly didn't seem to be listening to anything else you said...

Anonymous said...

I'm usually on the other end of it.... as the call center worker.... Lovely isn't it?

Lucie G said...

But they debited your card correctly I presume.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I would have just asked to speak to the call handler's Line Manager or Supervisor.

They need Gender Identity training, so it doesn't happen again.

xx

Stephanie